Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

RECIPE JOURNAL: DILL DIP

Dill Dip
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
2 teaspoons dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon celery salt

Mix all ingredients together and chill.
Can be used as a veggie dip, a side sauce for grilled chicken or fish, or thinned with a dash of milk for a salad dressing.

This recipe has been in my family for as long as I can remember. And it's still a huge favorite. I often toss it with cooked chicken, chopped Granny Smith apples (unpeeled), chopped celery, and chopped walnuts for a nice twist on chicken salad. Or it can be used with cooked and chilled baby red potatoes and a chopped Vidalia onion for a wonderful potato salad.

My grandmother's original card is difficult to read and never seemed quite right, especially since the spice Beaumonde (a combination of celery seed and onion powder) is difficult to find. After a few experiments, I changed the amounts and now use the recipe above. It tastes almost the same as the one my grandmother made.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment