Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

MULTITUDES ON MONDAY {270-284}

This week's visual record of gratitude begins with #270, my children's first garage sale where they gave up their favorite toys for cash. Then came the long conversation about needs, wants, and the value of charitable giving.
#271 While the kids bickered and bartered, I stole moments to both plant and photograph the garden.

#272 Long lost peony.
I thought this white peony had died during the winter, until this morning when I saw one perfect bloom.

#273 Orchids.
Can't grow them or keep them alive, but they remind me of what is possible.


#274 Urns, waiting.















#275 Urn, overflowing. 









#276 A few Sunday afternoon hours spent alone in the garden.




















#277 Mother's Day flowers, still blooming.
#278 Antique roses, fading

#279 White Guinevere roses.
These roses, along with gardenias, made up my wedding bouquet.


#280 Fresh basil, fresh pesto.

#281 A view from above.
This weekend, my husband finished the refurbishment of our fish pond.
#282 A view from below.
Beneath the pergola, cool shade during a hot afternoon. 

#283 Boys, their ball, and a birthday party.
{along with an ancient golden retriever, unseen but still actively involved in the game.}




#284 Flowers.








Come visit me over at my book blog where I also keep a writing gratitude journal.

Join the community at A Holy Experience.


Hope to see you there,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment